13 Apr 2013

May Lindstrom Skin: The Clean Dirt


May Lindstrom Skin is one of those brands that from the moment I saw it, I had to have it, purely from the packaging. Of course, the ingredients sounded amazing and the products had great reviews, but that packaging...to die for! 
I would have loved to purchase the whole set but as my budget wouldn't allow it, I chose The Clean Dirt which is a cleanser of sorts, and it is unlike any cleanser I have ever used.

This cleanser is in powder form, you add water and it starts to fizz and bubble a little bit, then turns into this mousse type concoction. Not only can you hear the fizzing, but as soon as the product starts reacting with the water, the intoxicating smell of spices hits your nose and sets your senses tingling. 
Almost as soon as you apply this to your face, you start to feel this hot, tingling sensation, which the first time I used it, I was so worried my face would be all red and patchy once I washed it off as it did feel like it was burning a bit, but after a few uses that feeling eased to a nice warming one. 

I thought this product might be too harsh as my skin is fairly dry at the moment, which in turn makes it very sensitive, but other than the burning sensation, i've had no other issues and my skin is already looking bette, in saying that, my face does have that tight feeling afterwards so I have to be sure to moisturise well. 

As this is also a micro-dermabrasion, I can't use it everyday, otherwise my skin would most likely become dry beyond repair and breakout. Not a good look, so I alternate it every other night with a cream cleanser, which works well for me.



The solid dark glass bottle this comes in is so beautiful, especially with the gold wording and accents, my bathroom definitely looks more luxurious with this sitting on the counter and i'm sure i'll find some other use for it once its empty.


White Halloysite Clay, Red Moroccan Rhassoul Clay, Red Alaea Sea Salt, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Sodium Bicarbonate, Althaea Officinalis (Marshmallow) Root*, Rosa Centifolia (Pink Rose)*, Calendula Officinalis (Calendula) Flower*, Cinnamomum Zeylanicum (Cinnamon)*, Myristica Fragans (Nutmeg)*, Syzygium Aromaticum (Clove)*, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric)*, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger)*, Vanilla Planifolia Bean*, Theobroma Cacao (Raw Cacao)**.
* Certified Organic
** Fair Trade Certified
 
If your budget allows for it and you are after a luxurious two-in-one product, I absolutely recommend this. I cannot wait to try some of the other products in the line.

5 comments:

  1. I love the sound of the warm-spicy scent. I'm definitely going to give this a go once I've used a few things up. Thanks for the review

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds absolutely beautiful. I have going to have to get some now after reading your review. I like the thought of going back to basics with using so pure and natural. Have you tried or intend to try any of May's other products from the line?

    Danny xx
    www.holisticgreenbeauty.com




    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I would like to try all the products eventually, but I think my next purchase will be 'The Youth Dew'.

      Delete
  3. Hello, Great post! i have never come across this brand yet. This cleanser sounds very interesting. It reminds me the one from Dermalogica though.
    Have a nice day!
    Mlle Nature

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis