8 Apr 2013

Nude Lips


I received an email asking for swatches of nobody's baby, from someone who is on the hunt for a nice nude lippy. I am still trying to find the perfect nude lippy that suits me...it's not as easy as it seems. 

I have however found a couple that range from pink-nude to brown-nude that do the job just fine for now. 


{l-r: Rms Beauty Lip2Cheek in Muse, Vapour Beauty Aura Multi-Use in Tender, Ilia Beauty Tinted Lip Conditioner in Nobody's Baby, Ilia Beauty Lipstick in Humble Me}

Muse: In the pot this color is a muted pinky beige color, on the skin the color looks beautiful and has a shimmer to it which isn't too noticeable, it just kind of has that frosted finish you get with some lipsticks.

Tender: This is one of the most gorgeous pinks of any product I own. It's a really soft, pastel pink, which has that, almost barbie like look to it, just lighter. 

 Nobody's Baby: This has a nice dusty rose color to it, which is a really nice shade that goes with everything. The only thing with this is when it fades, it stains your lips an almost fuchsia color, which does show through when you apply more. It still looks amazing though. 

 Humble Me: I was really hoping the perfect nude with this one, but unfortunately it is on the brown side. In saying that, I still have been wearing it, I just make sure I blot really well and the brown is less obvious.


If anyone comes across any other nude lippies/tinted lip conditioners, please let me know, it is so hard to find the perfect nude for my skin tone.




6 comments:

  1. I've yet to find my perfect nude too. The closest I've found is Honeybee Gardens lipstick in Karma, which is a nice peachy-nude, but there are still days when I don't think it looks quite right. I'm really liking the look of Tender here :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have Karma too, I don't mind it but it doesn't look quite right on me either.

      Delete
  2. Tender and Nobody's Baby look gorgeous both on you and in the swatches. Thanks for the swatches xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. The best nude I've found is by Clinique, it's called "almost lipstick" and the shade is called SHY HONEY.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh! I wonder if "Humble Me" is similar to MAC's Viva Glam Gaga 2? I'll have to put that on my wish list, because I'm slowly switching some of my makeup to more natural ones. Also, what is your opinion on Humble Me? Like texture, pigmentation, and longevity? I just like to do a looot of research before I decide to buy a product. Thanks for the very helpful swatches!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis